Sunday, September 21, 2008

Achievement

Well, this afternoon I've done something that 1) I have never done; and 2) I never thought I could do.

I've just come home from a 4.5km (2.8miles) bicycle ride! He suggested we go for a ride (something we've been meaning to do for awhile now). I wasn't so sure, but then the more I thought about it, the more excited I became.

At top speed I was riding at 20km/hr (12.5mi/hr). At top speed He was riding at 33km/hr (20.5mi/hr). This was the first year that I watched any more of the Tour de France than the highlights on the news. I now have a new found respect for these cyclists. I wasn't naive, I knew the Tour isn't light riding, but getting on the bike again after so long = more respect and admiration for the professionals.

And I think the bike fairies have paid me a visit....they've come and changed my seat, because I swear it was a lot more cushion-y the last time I rode the bike. (Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I've lost a lot of my own personal bum cushioning; nah I think the bike fairies have paid a visit) :-)

Anyway, this is a big achievement for me, and hopefully as time goes on, I can improve on this.
Hope you're all having a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:43 am

    congrats!!

    am I to assume your butt hurts???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mean bike fairies! ;)

    Congratulations on this! That has to feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage,
    Thanks. And yes, right at the bottom of my bum is hurting. It feels like it's bruised, but doesn't look like it. Surprisingly, my legs are doing fine.

    Riff,
    How dare they come and change my seat hey? Thank you, yes it does feel good.

    Although this distance may not be much for others, it is a big achievement for me.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Constructive criticism welcome, flames ignored.