Friday, August 22, 2008

Olympics Oopsies

In the spirit of the Olympics, I offer you this.


Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weight-lifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'

4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'

6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?'

6 comments:

  1. Nice collection!
    In Britain, I heard a commentator with Radio 5 watching the rowing described the coxless fours as cockless fours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so LOL...thanks for this. after having watched the olympics for two weeks, i though i was up to here in sport-talk, but no...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are funny! The tennis one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think the last one about the balls is the funniest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Constructive criticism welcome, flames ignored.